Call for Participation: ESWC workshop on the role of Semantic Web in Provenance Management
Date: The workshop will take place the 28th May 2012.
Registration Website: http://2012.eswc-conferences.org/join-participant
The SWPM workshop has the following complementary objectives:
- to explore the opportunities offered by the Semantic Web technologies in the context of the management and exploitation of provenance.
- to explore the role of provenance in real-world Semantic Web applications.
- Invited talk. Steffen Staab. Take CARE: Provenance, Policies and Your Obligations in the Future
- Updates on the W3C Provenance Working Group Specification Jun Zhao and Khalid Belhajjame. The PROVO Ontology. Olaf Hartig. PROV-AQ: Provenance Access and Query. Olaf Hartig
09:00 - 09:20 Plenary: highlights of the day (Khalid Belhajjame)
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee 1
11:00 - 12:30 Session 2: Provenance Capture
Chair: Jun Zhao
- Capturing Interactive Data Transformation Operations using Provenance Workflows: Tope Omitola, Andre Freitas, Edward Curry, Sean O'Riain, Nicholas Gibbins and Nigel Shadbol
- Evolution of Workflow Provenance Information in the Presence of Custom Inference Rules: Christos Strubulis, Yannis Tzitzikas, Martin Doerr and Giorgos Flouris.
- Capturing provenance information with a workflow monitoring extension for the Kieker framework: Peer C. Brauer and Wilhelm Hasselbring.
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Session 3: Provenance and Reasoning
Chair: Jose Manuel-Jomez
- Representing Interoperable Provenance Descriptions for Web-based ETL Workflows: Andre Freitas, Benedikt Kämpgen, João Gabriel Oliveira, Sean Oriain and Edward Curry.
- Automatic Metadata Annotation through Reconstructing Provenance: Paul Groth, Yolanda Gil and Sara Magliacane
- Towards Semantic Provenance in CRISTAL: Jetendr Shamdasani, Richard Mcclatchey and Andrew Branson.
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee 2
16:00 - 16:40 Session 4: W3C Provenance Working Group Updates
Chair: Paolo Missier
Background about the WG: Paul Groth (10')
The PROV-O Ontology. Jun Zhao and Khalid Belhajjame (15')
PROV-AQ: Provenance Access and Query. Olaf Hartig (15')
17:00: Wrap up